February 12, 2023
Canadian Employees Are Telling The Largest Employers To Get Lost When It Comes To "Returning To The Office"
Employees of some of the largest employers in the country are telling their employers "No I don't want to return to the office."
THE EVIDENCE IS OVERWHELMING :
- Royal Bank of Canada CEO Dave McKay said his organization is “on a journey to make sure that we're in half or more than half the time in the office,” but also spoke to the challenges of getting hybrid staff back at their office desks for his ideal two-to-three days per week. “There is resistance, honestly. It's a difficult needle to move,” McKay said.
- David Noel, senior vice-president of Global HR Services at Scotiabank, said the organization is taking a “purpose-driven” approach to its return-to-office plan, with in-office requirements depending on the type of role and tasks on a given day.
Employee feedback is playing a role in the plans. Noel said Scotiabank is opening two new “community working spaces” in Mississauga and Scarborough this month to accommodate workers who moved further west or east of Toronto during the pandemic, after hybrid employees cited long commutes as a main factor keeping them at home.
- Canadians are cutting back on commuting due to the impact of inflation
- Cost of commuting annually is $6,760
Are You Being Reimbursed For The Business Use Of Your Personal Smartphone
Creating A Win/Win For Employees & Employers via Cost Sharing
Save $1,500 / Year By Not Carrying 2 Smartphones (Business & Personal) Employee Or Gig Worker
Get Up To A $1,000 Tax Deduction Per Year (Employee Or Gig Worker)
Get Reimbursed Or A Tax Deduction Up To $3,000 For The Years You Forgot To Submit
Free Trial (Promo Code : Website09) : https://www.mobilityview.com/contact/direct-trial
Our Mobile Cost Management (MCM) Solution :
- 70% More cost effective than a Stipend for Smartphone Reimbursement
- 75% More cost effective than a Company provided phone
- Keeps companies labour law and tax law compliant
- Protects companies against class action lawsuits by their employees for failure to reimburse or adequately reimburse
- Keeps employees reimbursed & happy in a tax efficient lower cost way than a stipend or company provided phone
- Aligns your smartphone reimbursement policy to your mileage reimbursement policy. Tax authorities globally have required a mileage book for years and now require a "mileage book for connectivity costs" denoting the business vs. personal usage & cost
30 SECOND EXPLAINER VIDEOS ON HOW WE LOWER COSTS EMPLOYEES/GIG WORKERS & EMPLOYERS :
Tax Deduction Changes For US Gig Workers : https://lnkd.in/ggAfRWhc
Tax Deduction Changes For Canadian Gig Workers : https://lnkd.in/gHFXa5nC
Tax Deduction Changes For Australian Gig Workers : https://lnkd.in/geT95ZTM
US Gig Workers Can Get Up To $3,000 In Retroactive Tax Deductions : https://lnkd.in/gd6DUbSN
Non-Canadian Employee & Gig Worker tax deduction : https://lnkd.in/gD5eEke
Smartphone global tax trends : https://lnkd.in/dbvArumk
Article Sources :
- RBC & BNS quote : https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/canadian-employers-face-resistance-as-they-seek-to-increase-office-days-1.1881692
- Cutting Commuting Frequency: https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/canadians-are-cutting-back-on-driving-as-inflation-bites-1.1875740
- Cost of Commuting : https://www.globenewswire.com/en/news-release/2022/10/11/2531989/0/en/Over-80-of-Canadian-Employees-Would-Seek-a-New-Job-if-Asked-to-Return-to-the-Office-5-Days-a-Week.html