February 20, 2023
Double Digit Price Hikes Throughout Europe For Wireless
It looks like the Telcos are now being forced to do what we said they needed to do years ago.
British Telecom (BT) and most UK Telecom Operators increased prices a few weeks ago by double digit levels.
All of the other UK Telcos are following suit.
CEO of Orange has just confirmed that 70% of the impact of inflation will be dealt with global rate plan hikes.
Heydemann added it planned to “offset 70 per cent of the inflation impact on our costs through price increases in 2023” in Europe, including France.
Smartphone costs continue to increase for Telecom Operators & End Customers
Did anyone notice what Tim Cook said about the capacity of Apple customers to afford higher priced devices?
Cook was fielding a question about whether the iPhone’s rising average sales price was sustainable. After all, a top-of-the-line model that cost $1,150 in 2017 (the iPhone X with 256 gigabytes of storage) now fetches $1,600 (the iPhone 14 Pro Max with 1 terabyte)
His response: The price increase is no problem. In fact, consumers could probably be persuaded to spend more.
“I think people are willing to really stretch to get the best they can afford in that category,” Cook said on the call, noting that the iPhone has become “integral” to people’s lives. Consumers now use the device to make payments, control smart-home appliances, manage their health and store banking data, he said.
When will the Telecom Operators wake up and understand that the Status Quo no longer works?
Are You Being Reimbursed For The Business Use Of Your Personal Smartphone
Share the costs with your employer and create a win/win
Reduce Your B2B Paid For Smartphone Costs By 70% vs. Existing Business Process
Share the costs with your employee and create a win/win
Creating A Win/Win For Employees & Employers via Cost Sharing
Creating that win/win approach and lowering costs for employers & employees
Save $1,500 / Year By Not Carrying 2 Smartphones (Business & Personal)
Why carry 2 phones? It's ridiculous and very expensive for both the employee & employer
Get Up To A $1,000 Tax Deduction Per Year (Employee Or Gig Worker)
If you can't get reimbursed then at least get a tax deduction!
Get Reimbursed Or A Tax Deduction For The Years You Forgot To Submit
Did you forget to expense or claim a tax deduction? Time Machine will get you the data to get a retroactive tax deduction/reimbursement
Free Trial (Promo Code : Website09) : https://www.mobilityview.com/contact/direct-trial
Our Mobile Cost Management (MCM) Solution :
- 70% More cost effective than a Stipend for Smartphone Reimbursement
- 75% More cost effective than a Company provided phone
- Keeps companies labour law and tax law compliant
- Protects companies against class action lawsuits by their employees for failure to reimburse or adequately reimburse
- Keeps employees reimbursed & happy in a tax efficient lower cost way than a stipend or company provided phone
- Aligns your smartphone reimbursement policy to your mileage reimbursement policy. Tax authorities globally have required a mileage book for years and now require a "mileage book for connectivity costs" denoting the business vs. personal usage & cost
30 SECOND EXPLAINER VIDEOS ON HOW WE LOWER COSTS EMPLOYEES/GIG WORKERS & EMPLOYERS :
Tax Deduction Changes For US Gig Workers : https://lnkd.in/ggAfRWhc
Tax Deduction Changes For Canadian Gig Workers : https://lnkd.in/gHFXa5nC
Tax Deduction Changes For Australian Gig Workers : https://lnkd.in/geT95ZTM
US Gig Workers Can Get Up To $3,000 In Retroactive Tax Deductions : https://lnkd.in/gd6DUbSN
Non-Canadian Employee & Gig Worker tax deduction : https://lnkd.in/gD5eEke
Smartphone global tax trends : https://lnkd.in/dbvArumk
Article Sources :
- Telegraph On UK Telco Prices : https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/01/18/bt...
- BT Price Hikes by 14.4% : https://telecoms.com/519479/bt-hiking-broadband-pr...
- Guardian Huge Price Increases Coming : https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/feb/13/u...
- Apple Smartphone Cost Increases : https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2023-02...
- Orange : https://www.mobileworldlive.com/featured-content/h...